Friday, May 05, 2006

5/3 Recap: A Farewell To Lindsay

This week:

1. On This Day In History
2. Audio round: The Ten Most Awesomely Bad Songs Ever, as chosen by VH1 (It was actually Numbers 1 through 11, as I didn't have #2. You're welcome.)
3. Foods Named After People
4. Empire State Building/It Happened in 1931
5. True/False
  • My favorite team names: Hey, You, Get Out Of My Palm Tree and To Suri With Love. I'm as sucker for well-placed topical humor.

  • There were only eight teams, but somehow there were twice as many people at the end of the night as were there at the beginning. I'm not sure how that happened, but it wound up being okay.

  • What wasn't okay was that it was Lindsay's last night waiting for us. Amy will be your waitron next week, and like Frieda, she has naturally curly hair. She seems fine and willing, and she's cute as a button, but I miss Lindsay already.

  • Next week, there will be a short semi-private function happening before trivia which Janet & I will be hosting. If you come early, you'll have to hang out at the bar until it's done. (We will be asking some trivia questions for them, but you guys can't play along. At least, not officially. We'll work something out.)

  • Other plans are also in the works, including a possible partnership with another major trivia night outside the Dempsey's/Baggot Inn Axis, and I'm starting to think about the summer, and how things are changing then.


Any ideas? You can email me directly or leave a comment.