Thursday, May 25, 2006

5/24 Recap

You should have been there. I got there and Prince Harry was dancing on the bar, screaming like a banshee, his tie around his forehead like a fratboy, unsuccessfully trying to get Colin to change the channel to the final episode of American Idol. "I've got a thousand on that old bloke!" He kept saying, and if I watched a minute of that show myself, I have no doubt I'd know what he's talking about.

Then the taps ran dry, and everyone started drinking from the bottles, and then the water and electricity got cut off and someone brought in a million candles and we all drunkenly sang Police songs until we all got hoarse, and then we all played naked twister in the dark, and everyone who was there will never, ever, ever forget it. Well, maybe they'll have forgotten parts of it.

* * *

Okay, a big wedding reception or something came in around 8:30, and we knew they were on their way, so between that and the American Idol and Lost hysteria, as well as it being the first hot Wednesday of the year, the 15 or so of us who came for trivia decided to chill out. Shame, too. Lindsay was there spelling for Amy on wait service, as she will next week.

I'll post the On This Day round for yesterday in the next posting tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your long weekend, and if you've not come out recently, do us a favor and come on out. (We've picked up an additional sponsor, I think. Details on that when we confirm, which should be this week. Watch this space.)