Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Good News, And A Sign Of Life

Hi.

I just spent a month crossing the country before getting fired from my job last week, and suddenly I'm getting all geeked up about starting up with our DSO night again. Some things:

1. We looked at some other places to run it in case Dempsey's doesn't work, and we found a couple of places that were quite interested. If we get a confirmation or any further developments come up, I'll let youse know.

2. I've heard from a couple of different sources that Dempsey's itself has actually opened. (I'm skeptical of this, given the state it was in last week, but unless they've just set up milk crates and have bus tubs full of ice and MGD or something, then this is a very good sign.) If they managed to convert a miracle and the place is inhabitable and has a working PA system again, then we're officially on for Wednesday, September 5, and unofficially on for next week (I'll bring some old trivia rounds and we'll have a check-the-new-digs-out party.

Details on both of these as they progress. Until then, I'm hitting temp ag3encies and trying to get my sense of discipline back after a month of sitting on planes and wallowing in the self-pity of having been fired. That kind of thing really takes a toll on you.

Details to follow.